The Eminence Community School Corporation Board of School Trustees is accepting applications from persons interested in filling one seat on the school board that is currently open for Ashland Township. The term of office will end on December 31, 2026.
The qualifications are as follows:
- Candidates must be a registered voter in the State of Indiana.
- Age – must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residency – must be a current resident of Ashland Township for a period of at least one (1) year.
- Cannot hold another lucrative office – lucrative office is a position, which involves the exercise of sovereign powers of the State of Indiana and an office to which compensation, of any kind, whether salary or per diem is attached.
- Cannot be a teacher or a non-certified employee of the Eminence Community School Corporation.
- Cannot be a candidate if convicted of a felony.
Interested individuals, meeting the above qualifications, should submit a letter of interest to:
Wesley A. Hammond, Superintendent
Eminence Community School Corporation
6764 State Road 42 N
P.O. Box 135
Eminence, Indiana 46125
To be considered, the letter of interest must be received at the Eminence community School Corporation Administrative Office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023.
The Board of School Trustees shall conduct interviews prior to voting to fill the vacancy.