We are excited to announce Leah Hyatt is joing the Eminence team as our new couselor. Below you will find her bio:

Hello, I am Leah Hyatt. I will be the new guidance counselor at Eminence Schools. I just graduated in May 2022 with my master’s degree in Social Work with a concentration in schools from IUPUI. While in my bachelor’s and master’s programs I had an internship within schools and was able to experience working with students one-on-one, in group settings, and inside the classroom setting in a counselor role for two years. During these two years I was also able to work as a Substitute Teacher on those days that I was not in classes or at my internship. This was able to provide me more hands-on experience working with students and having a more behind-the-scenes viewpoint of the daily life of students in classroom settings.

I have always wanted to work in a school; I started out thinking that I wanted to be a teacher and started my degree path towards teaching, but soon realized that was not the best fit for me. I learned about being a social worker and what all I could do with this degree, and I decided that this was the best fit for me and I fell in love with the hands-on-experiences I gained with working with students. One of the things I love about being a social worker is that it provides me the opportunity of making a difference in someone’s life and to let them know that no matter what challenges they may be facing that they are not alone.

On top of being a recent graduate, I also got married back in October 2021. Family means everything to me and in my free time I love getting to spend time with them. We get together for cookouts and birthdays. I also love all things Disney with some of my all-time favorites being Beauty and the Beast as well as Winnie the Pooh books. I also enjoy doing crafts and painting to just have fun.

I look forward to meeting you all and getting to help your children grow and achieve their dreams and become an important resource for their journey through life.

Share This